Commercial & Residential Real Estate
Financial and real estate clients have been an integral part of our practice at Gess Mattingly & Atchison, P.S.C. since the firm was established in 1954. Our attorneys draw on the firm’s cumulative knowledge and experience to provide a broad array of legal services to owners, landlords, lenders and other commercial clients, including:
- Commercial and Residential loan closings;
- Purchase and sale transactions;
- Refinance transactions;
- Title opinions and title insurance policies;
- Lease negotiations and transactions;
- Loan workouts and restructurings;
- IRS Section 1031 like-kind exchanges, reverse 1031 exchanges, and other tax deferral techniques;
- Conservation easements and tax planning; and
- Zoning, land use and planning issues.
Each year our firm negotiates and successfully consummates hundreds of transactions, both large and small, for both businesses and individuals. Our goal is to add value to every transaction in which we participate by providing timely and high quality legal services to meet the complex and changing needs of our clientele. In doing so, we regularly represent financial institutions, including large national banking institutions, credit unions and farm credit associations, several state and regional banks, as well as any number of commercial developers, venture capitalists, retail businesses and other national and Kentucky business clients.
We are approved agents for Commonwealth Land Title Insurance Company and First American Title Insurance Company.
For over 60 years, Gess Matttingly & Atchison, P.S.C. has provided a wide range of comprehensive legal services for real estate and commercial lending clients both in Lexington and throughout Kentucky … let our tradition of excellence continue with you.
Attorneys Practicing in this Area