Bernard Lovely primarily practices in the areas of equine law, business transactions, real estate and insurance defense. He also serves as a mediator for equine disputes.
Mr. Lovely has taught equine law courses at the University of Kentucky College of Law and Midway College. He also has taught legal writing at the University of Kentucky and spoken at numerous seminars on equine law, mediation, business associations, and municipal law.
Before he became an attorney, Mr. Lovely taught modern British and American literature at the University of Kentucky, Centre College, Weber College and Warner Southern College.
Mr. Lovely is actively involved in the Lexington community, having served as chairman of the Bluegrass Airport Board of Directors and as a member of the Commerce Lexington Board of Directors and Board of Trustees.
- Commonwealth of Kentucky, 1983
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky, 1984
- U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, 1989
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky, 2005
- Morehead State University, B.A., 1970
- Morehead State University, M.A., 1973
- University of Kentucky, J.D., 1983
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Fayette County Bar Association, Member
- Kentucky Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Equestrian Events, Inc., Board of Directors
- Annual National Conference on Equine Law, Planning Committee
- Lexington Rotary Club
- Commerce Lexington, Board of Directors & Board of Trustees (former)
- Bluegrass Airport, Board of Directors & Chairman (former)