Stefan Bing joined Gess Mattingly & Atchison as an associate in 2013. His principal areas of practice are Commercial and Civil Litigation, Probate, and Appellate Litigation.
Mr. Bing graduated in 2012 from the University of Kentucky College of Law, where he was Editor-in-Chief of the Kentucky Law Journal. After graduation he served as a law clerk for Justice Mary C. Noble on the Supreme Court of Kentucky. He received his undergraduate degree in Political Science and Spanish, cum laude, from Case Western Reserve University in 2005.
- Commonwealth of Kentucky, 2012
- University of Kentucky (Lexington, Kentucky)
Editor-in-Chief, Kentucky Law Journal
CALI Award for Legal Accounting
- Vanderbilt University (Nashville, Tennessee)
M.A., 2007 (Latin American Studies)
- Case Western Reserve University (Cleveland, Ohio)
B.A., 2005 (Political Science & Spanish)
Study Abroad: Universidad de Salamanca, Salamanca (Spain), Spring 2004
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Central Kentucky American Inn of Court
- Fayette County Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- University of Kentucky College of Law Alumni Association,
Board of Directors, 2013-present
- Kentucky Law Journal Association
Selected Publications & Presentations::
- Note, Reconsidering State Parole Board Membership Requirements in Light of Model Penal Code Sentencing Revisions,
Kentucky Law Journal, 100 Ky. L.J. 871 (2012).
- Speaker, “The Ethics of Investigating with Social Media”
Kentucky Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, CLE Seminar
(Presented multiple times, Spring 2013, with Shawn D. Chapman)