Guy M. Graves presently serves as President of Gess Mattingly & Atchison, P.S.C. He joined Gess Mattingly & Atchison, P.S.C. in 1980, after two years of general practice in Louisville, Kentucky. A native Kentuckian born in Winchester, Kentucky in 1953, Mr. Graves returned to the Lexington area to be near family farming and banking interests and to develop a general practice at Gess Mattingly & Atchison which continues today.
Mr. Graves’ regular client list consists of lenders (including an agricultural lender and a national mortgage company); owners of closely held businesses; shopping center owners, real estate developers, and commercial leasing concerns; owners of equine and farming interests; and a large restaurant franchisee operating in multiple states. Mr. Graves is a shareholder, officer, and member of the executive committee at GMA and is a firm’s representative in the Greater Lexington Chamber of Commerce.
When not at work, Mr. Graves is active in his church, oversees a family Montana real estate development and spends time with his wife and three children. Yard work, exercise, fishing and reading are also favorite pastimes.
- Commonwealth of Kentucky, 1978
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- University of Louisville (Louisville, Ky.)
- University of North Carolina (Chapel Hill, N.C.)
B.A. 1975, American History
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Fayette County Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Banking, Corporate and Business, and Real Estate Sections